Sunday, October 18, 2015

Onward bound

"I wonder what this is all about?" I hear you cry especially as we know me and trains have a lot bad memories and you generally won't see many pictures of them here and certainly it's very very rare for me to take a single photo of them plus only on one occasion did I take a series on slide film.
 The train is apparently a Class 350/2 built by Siemens having been in service for the last few years on this line and it was taking me away for a bit a break . A Mars Bar for anyone outside the Black Country who can identify the service and the station this was taken at.
Getting there had been fraught with its own issues between road works preventing me from getting to the station by one route potentially up to the the very morning and an accident along the next best alternative  route causing much disruption but I got there in good time to get some lunch while waiting for the train to come in.
One thing that changed at the station was due to re-modelling work, its owners had put in ticket operated barriers between the waiting area and the platforms which I found confusing.
I got in the disabled seating area and it wasn't long before I arrived at the other end to be greeted by a friend of mine who after some shopping took me to their place to meet Susan and Andi.
It wasn't long before the 'Junior Prefect' emerged in her black pinafore dress after unzipping the many zips of the turquoise suitcase to extract what was needed immediately which given much of what I had mentioned before was pretty much middles regression so it was Jessica dollie and my colouring book.
I over did the colouring a bit probably with getting 'too' in that regressed space apart from just feeling  very spaced out, so sorry about  that.
After a period it was time to eat and Susan and Jennifer had been working on something I'd never ever eaten before, Duck (no Fudge, not a yellow coloured wheeled item you know) with roast potatoes, asparagus and sprouts.
With apologies to the vegetarians, It's a bit like lamb when it comes to the taste and texture but in 'bird' form. It certainly tasted really well, a tribute to Susan's cooking skills  and we had chocolate and cherry cake afterward.
Afterward we listened between talking about various things, to so a few compilations including one by David Bowie  who I like a lot and the Eagles before making our way to bed.
Bed for me was with the glowing embers of the coal fire - you wouldn't believe how long they can stay alight - and I definitely got the sleep I'd been missing from the days before.
I was up around 7:20 and after a wash got changed for the morning, opening the curtains - there's something about the act of doing that that triggers that whole feeling of letting in the fresh day and sorting things out ready for off.
It wasn't long before I fixed some breakfast to be joined by Andi and Susan chatting over breakfast before it was time for me to return home.
Time regressed is I feel good time for me, it's not about escapism, it's more time to let out the the Middle within being herself as it is rather than a more groan uppy dressed as middle way because for me there's not much mode change.
You may change the attire but the Middle stands-that's me.

Thanks to Andi, Jennifer and Susan in strict alphabetical order for an enjoyable time socializing and for the lifts to the station.

1 comment:

  1. I wonder if that is a station near a hotel called "The Crewe Arms" and is possibly the first station to join different railway company lines together.


    I guess that it is Crewe station.


    Guess from little railway girl.


    Tracy.

    ReplyDelete