Monday, April 27, 2015

Favourite foods

A warmish bright morning here so after seeing quite a response to last Fridays post and I got another Bartok recording to enjoy on headphones or stereo via my Fiio music player, I thought I'd get around to doing todays.

"There are men, lots of men, lots of Gingerbread men" as Syd Barratt, the person who did so much to launch the rock group, Pink Floyd, in 1967 said in his very child-like composition Bike for their first album "The Piper at the Gates of Dawn"
No doubt those things from his childhood played a big part in his choice of imagery for much of that album and his solo work.
Anyway I just love Gingerbread men (was there ever Gingerbread women?) and I'm about to nom one with my tea!

3 comments:

  1. when I was young a great Aunt used to send us large ginger bread Pigs every Bonfire night. Was fun sat near the bonfire eating the pigs and watching ours and our neighbours fire works.


    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never liked gignerbread. However, I imagine it would be good with tea. I would certainly try it

    I do like graham crackers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forgot to sign it: I must be coming down with Tight Tiara Syndrome

      Christine Daryleanne Paradise

      Delete