Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Yet another 365 days in the World of Joanne_chan


Another rip-roaring year comes to an end, so it's time for the almost annual review of what happened some most unexpected with reflections so where do we start?
Continuing with social media such as last years launch on Tumblr of a random likes kawaii pastel blog that makes no apology for being a littles one, it's increased it's followers to 89 to date, leading to interesting conversations, breaking down some barriers between different communities.
Regarding this blog - the main one -  it's recently celebrated it's 500th post so I've done some work around the favourite sites updating and adding links as well as tidying the side of the template up.
It gets a pretty big page view per month so as I know where many of them are thanks to GT, FA, IK, Tumblr followers and Angels members who should of spotted the new Tg blog listing as the old messy one got tidied away.
It was the year I 'arrived'  attending UK LG camp twice arrived being in reflection being the apt word for I arrived and departed full dressed whizzing across the motorway network apart from spending days at a time dressed 24/7 as myself.
I enjoyed my time playing with everyone, helping out  within my disability centred limitations to make the occasion enjoyable, one where we all could relax and just let our little sides out as it is for each of us individually for none of us is 'the same'.
I also spent some enjoyable days with the Misses, Susan, Jennifer and Andi being in the Midland triangle like me, enjoying great food and conversation.
Going back a few paragraphs though what of me and my self image?
One thing I learnt through being out more was getting handle on being myself coming from rather conservative (in some respects) controlled background it was less about 'trying' and rather more about 'being', working more with gut instinct the space dressed as you are.
Chatting to the barman at the pub during the GHS Xmas party with nails painted might of been nerve wracking at one time but I acquitted myself rather well there.
I also made peace with the frilly side (you'll be safe at Camp though Karen Marie!) following a number issues connected with the contexts I encountered in my early exploratory stage of being a little that I found less than comfortable with to the point of arriving at Fall Camp partially frilled.
I can now say "I have a feminine frilly side" even if practicality is a big thing with me. Gasp!
If from a littles side the main form of presentation had been more the uniformed school girl as seen in the Uniform posts of 2011, the year saw the public wearing of a skater skirt and for the Halloween evening, the Goth Death Kitty skirt with mesh, which was bit out of usual comfort zone but a good thing because I learnt to handle that better. And Camp's good for that too.
The other thing is that school girl has found her ultimate expression, one some of you saw for real, other like had to make do with the picture, being in a pinafore dress.
It's so me you'll be seeing more of it during 2015.
The home scene is more evolution rather than revolution that may be a bit slow for some but we're are getting somewhere with the ability (preparedness to help with too) to paint ones nails, be downstairs and eat  an evening meal fully dressed, buy suitably lg presents and gifts and so on.   Much of this would not of been accepted at the beginning of the year.
Getting toleration and working on acceptance works better here than outright confrontation.
When it comes music, I bought rather a lot of new vinyl lps such as those by Tom Petty, Rumer and 14 Beatles lps including all the Beatles in Mono series of reissues and  a number of cd sets such as the Beatles US Albums, Philadelphia International Collection 20 cd  box set, a special decent Steely Dan set plus the entire SOS bands back catalogue most which were written about in the Teenbeat retro styled entries.
I also filled some gaps in my Soul and Motown collections genres where well chosen single or multi artist compilations can be more rewarding than individual titles.
We also talked a bit about taking that music out with you on portable players, making great sounding copy files as there's life outside of iTunes and Amazon's download stores when it comes to having something to play on the train or when away.
I enjoyed "is the Order a Rabbit?", Sailor Moon Crystal, K-on series 2 and the continuing magic based adventures of FairyTail on the anime front.
I replaced my dvd player as it died just before playing a Fairy Tail box set and some classic Disney dvds like Pollyanna and The Aristocats, the latter has some of the coolest jazz on it's soundtrack.
I also acquired through rehoming a number of new dolls that I wanted during my original childhood that I've shared with others.
Everything just came together this year so here's to an exciting 2015!

1 comment:

  1. you go girl, it is glad that your real self is coming out to the front. I can not wait to see you in feb at the uk lg camp for the first time in real life.

    ReplyDelete