Saturday, December 20, 2014

Pinafore dresses II

This post goes back to December 7th, 2008 where I talked about what I loved about Pinafore dresses as a style and in particular what that meant to me so I wasn't really sure if a sequel was really called for but seeing that it was a very popular entry on this blog, in a way you dear readers have settled it.
You see I actually wore one at the Littles Party for two days no less and it confirmed much of what I wrote back then.
The first thing to say is I found wearing it extremely comfortable, with plenty of movement in the shoulders and arms which I quite enjoyed.
Also I did wear actual blouses with it which wasn't my original plan but it worked out fine, finding the dressing experience which is something I do find difficult in real life (not that anything in my life isn't) quite easy, getting myself in it and zipping myself up.
As was said by persons whose names I won't mention, actually it does really suit me going on my frame very well and they weren't flattering me as I have to say they were absolutely right about that.
I look as if I belong in them.

It's obvious then that I now know what works so with that, I shall be wearing more pinafore dresses in the future including a black one just like this with a pocket and I will be getting some more white blouses as they just look right under them as that also ties in with more girlization of the wardrobe as nearly everything else is apart from a couple of pairs of trousers regardless of what may happen in the future.

They are me.

5 comments:

  1. In the US we know them as 'jummper"'s and I think they are just sooo girlish, especially with full skirts and blouses with puff or "ccap" sleeves and lace-trimmed peter pan collars. I could live in them

    Christine Daryleanne Paradise

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your comment, Christine. *Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas: I hoe Sandra Clause is good to you

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like pinafor dress more

    http://www.worldwidewords.org/qa/qa-jum1.htm

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have to admit I like them too, although have never owned one, having found it easier to find a gym instead. Maybe one day? I will probably have to drop some kilos though because finding my size would probably be very difficult, and probably expensive. Colour? blue? grey? all colours?

    ReplyDelete