Sunday, January 1, 2012

The New Year 2012 Edition

I usually write an entry on sites and what not around this time of year as kind of reflection on the years events and maybe some clues about where I think I or the site may be headed.
I'm not much good with worms(!) but 353 days ago something pretty big happened and by around 340 days ago the very thing you are reading right now came live.


The scene was "The Meadow" where after a period where other kinds of places just weren't giving me what I wanted, a chance encounter with Prissie gave an hint of a place where I girl like me might belong getting more out of it from where I had been.


It wasn't like a good many places entirely visable for some very good reasons but in the end I placed my trust in Prissie's description, signing up and plucking up enough courage to tell everyone a little bit about what makes me, well me.


That was when I started to learn something about you dear reader as you welcomed me to "The Meadow" around what sort of girl you are, your fashion tastes, interests and so on.


Some of you were using words I wasn't familar with and I guess you weren't familar with mine as B.C to me means a Province in Western Canada not a part of the English Midlands!
It soon became apparent I needed to tell you more about me than a series of jottings ever could and so asked around and looked at some of your sites and having seen LittleKarenMaries place it came to me what this site could be about, not just a all about me site but also a site that shared the LG spirit with readers.


In time this lead to the mention of UK Chat and Sammy who hosts it, which added another dimension because not only was I learning more about you, we were interacting in real time as LG's (apart from a certain Squirrel and a few LB's!) where I'm nearly always dressed in my take of LG cos we're all a bit different.


I described on site the experience of encountering you all as one of the bests gifts I've ever had and I meant it because you all have helped me in ways you may not of realized to freely express my LG self both on line and in everyday life that has made me so happy this year even through the Pawley(tm) days.


So thanks Fellow Meadow people, readers of Sparkle and also thanks to Sammy for IK plus IK Chat and the christmas colouring drawings.
Love Joanne.
P.s. stay tuned folks!

3 comments:

  1. i aqm glad that you found the wonderful meadow that most lg, squirals and of course there adults who look after them call home.

    that is a great little post sis, and huggies a lot.

    yours loving

    samantha rebecca clarkson

    ReplyDelete
  2. The grass is always greener.

    The important part is not that you found others like, it's that you found yourself.

    Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year, Joanne-chan, and I am glad to have shared the old year with you, in an online sense. :) *HUGS*

    ReplyDelete