Monday, June 1, 2015

Fun at the Picnic!

As mentioned on Friday's blog we went to a well known nature spot in Buckinghamshire for the Ikklespace Littles/furries picnic organized by Sammy on Saturday.
For me as ever this involved a bit of a trip as it's over 200 miles each way so having gotten my things sorted and packed a few days before the first thing was to get to Jennifer's on the south side of the County immediately below me.
Because the weekend buses are run by different people who aren't so reliable I got a taxi to take me to the local rail hub at Crewe which was booked entirely by me. A first in my life too!
Seeing I'd have to off early, I got up about 6 AM Saturday, sorted out Marmalade before getting on with fixing breakfast and dealing with early morning chores and quickly checking for any changes of plan.
To travel down in I decided to stick with unisex shorts red sweater, blouse (and tie on!), hello kitty socks and my girlish shoes which also fitted in well with being in a public open space dress means we don't wear stuff that would cause heaps of negative attention.
My Taxi arrived at eight so the two Hello Kitty  tote bags which my overnight attire and next  as mornings clothes plus a bag of goodies were in and a dark green folding seat and child's HK hand luggage pack went with me arriving at the station in good time.
I sorted out which platform I was meant to be on only to find 12 minutes from departure the platform had changed unannounced and I had to run up the stairs to platform 6 before it was due in. Grrr!
The train arrived at the allocated time and by time I arrived  at GHS Central station, Staffs I was starting to feel a bit anxious which I'm prone to when I encounter the Head Girl emerging from behind a column  when I got out.
Pet moan Dept: It would be nice if people let you out before trying to board a train especially if you're physically disabled!
We drive back to GHS for a quick rest - I had a sausage roll as it was a while since I'd eaten - before setting off the picnic venue near London.

It was a really bright fairly warm day which something that was a relief given the wet conditions we had experienced for a few days and the ground was quite dry as we found Sammy, Mr Paul and a good number of others in a field where there was huge food pile people helped themselves to as provided ourselves.
I dutifully placed my bananas in the pile ("Yes we have no bananas") and Jennifer added her contribution and then proceeded to erect the windbreaks with my assistance as Junior Prefect and First former helping her out which is the least I can do for a Head Girl.
Going on was a great game of Rounders, my first love of school  team sports played with simple plastic games set with ball just for the fun of it, with much roaring from me cheering the  runs on.
I had loads of fun with a tube of soapy bubble mixture and a shaped wand putting in the direction of the wind as loads of bubble of different sizes came flying in the wind from the wand with people chasing after them. Such simple fun,eh?
Later on several people flew kites some of which really did take off and others sadly didn't not but it was all taken in spirit of just having fun together and having fun together was what I'm sure Sammy likes to see and I don't blame her.
I did see a few unfamiliar faces  although the screen names were quite familiar like those of DeeDee ,Abigail, Jessica, Neko and Zed (aka "Zee Zee") and  group of four younger youngsters who I just loved spending some time with although I hopeless remembering their names.
I suppose with about thirty of us there it was likely to happen knowing me and names!
Just before we were off to Sammy and Paul's house a few of us stayed back for ice cream and Jennifer kindly bought me one.
After a short ride and a few delays with traffic lights we got to Sammy's, meeting her cat with the most amazing name you could give one and I changed my shorts for a plain green pleated skirt and grey long socks with bows.
TB note: This is with the sweater and blouse is a common UK girls Junior school uniform that being small I can just buy from regular suppliers, off the peg.
We stayed and chatted, with Jennifer going to see some bits connected with the London Victoria line subway and a post office Master Clock you used to set slave clocks in a facility to keep the exact same time by.
We left around 8PM after saying our goodbyes to Sammy, Mr Paul and our other friends returning back to deepest Staffordshire, by which time I was shattered as I'm prone to getting low on energy due to my disabilities and soon went to bed, sleeping soundly.
When I woke up Sunday I got dressed into my uniform, fastening my White and Grey tie, chatting about various things while Jennifer cooked some lovely back bacon on toast and helping out a bit afterward.
We set off to GHS central arriving in plenty of time for me to catch the London Midland  train at 10:00 AM and I got a taxi form the Taxi rank to come back via our Town only to find Mommy had locked me out!
I'd like to thank in order Sammy and Mr. Paul for making this super event happen and opening up their home to us plus everyone who attended for being good sports, playing nicely and the opportunity to put a name to a face.
I'd  also like to thank Jennifer for taking me to the picnic, putting me up overnight and in fullest sense looking after me during this lovely weekend without which I would not of been able to attended.
Also I'd like to thank my mentor for his help that helped me get organized to the point of making some necessary arrangements all by myself for the first time.


No comments:

Post a Comment