Monday, June 8, 2015

Canvas soul

One advantage of being me is being small enough to get regular children's stuff off the peg really easily and indeed I've never had any adult shoes in my life simply because they were too big for my feet!

Not completely unconnected with the last entry for some of us Physical Education (aka P.E) has strong memories one of which for me was the plimsolls we wore while doing it and to which I was never able to fasten by myself.
This meant apart from getting some negative attention for requiring help getting changed in time I had slip on ones that stood out at the time.
Actually I have a new pair with velcro fastening which are ideal for quickly dashing off to places like the mailbox.
They should of came last Thursday  in time for the picnic but they kinda got delayed which is just typical,eh?
They also make me feel a bit young too strangely enough as I remember having them in a drawstring bag with the rest of my P.E. kit like the t shirt and socks not that I always remembered to have it with me  which annoyed some of my teachers some of which had other uses for them.
I never let anything that bother me as I missed for most of one term P.E to gossip with my best friend while we were meant to be doing extra prep as punishment when the supervising teachers were busy with their own classes..


1 comment:

  1. i have memories of plimsolls. Felt many a plimsoll on the seat of my running shorts by the sports teacher when i was young. If the teacher felt that you were not working to hard at Hockey or in the gym then you were made to bend over and get 3 or 6 whacks of the plimsoll on your clothed bottom.

    Tracy.

    ReplyDelete