Thursday, May 28, 2015

Click, take a trip!

Hello again and thank you to those who have recently started to read me blog because I looked at the information I see where you're from if sometimes where you find about the blog from.
A note to any of my TB followers, you're very welcome here cos while some of our interests are different, we have much in common and can learn a lot from each other.
As a good number of you know, several of us  are off to Sammy's picnic just outside London this weekend, where no doubt we'll be on our best behaviour with her partner and a few groan ups present so I'm writing this early as I need to get my stuff all together and we know whose responsibility that is, don't we?  In  2015 I have to stuff!(lol)
 I'll have a camera on me but this is my new 'proper' one as the one I used to have like disappeared although it had developed a fault and maybe the groan up's removed it as rubbish?
It's an Olympus OM20 (North America: OM-G) film single lens reflex that enables you to use different lenses and see what your lens is about to commit to film before you take the picture.
But as I was kind of explaining to Rachel on Tuesday night, it has a auto exposure mode that when you adjust the aperture ring to alter the amount of light  through, it sets the shutter speed to ensure the picture is neither too dark or too light that you use most of the time.
Like her Olympus  OM1 you can also set the shutter speed by hand using a selector on the front of the camera where the lens mount is where you may need to set the exposure on a small part of the picture if most of it is either very dark or very bright by hand or wanting a specific shutter speed for effects like blurring the moving water in waterfalls.
Compared to the automatic by design budget OM10, it's better finished with milled parts, better positioned controls and a more robust body that can take the professional Motor Drive 1 to wind film fast.
It also has not only a brighter focus screen, the equal of dearer Olympus cameras of this sort (not interchangeable though), the information is better presented with shutter speed, exposure mode and flash indicated to the left of the viewfinder so it's clear and not in the way of picture taking.
In the field as I did use it that day, it is a more enjoyable camera to use although the OM10 is very capable especially with the optional plug in manual shutter and is more easily found in stores and online.
I also have the original instruction book for it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment