Thursday, October 30, 2014

Ghoulish togetherness or Fall LG Camp

If anyone wondered why I was a bit quiet last week when it comes to social media and so on  it was because I was at a LG meet aka "Camp" for several days where we can all be ourselves for a few days although we had some planned activities organized by fellow attendees.
For me  it was a bit different as I spent a few days either side of camp ending at the one at the kind school with the Head Girl and First Former in full uniform to whom I travelled down with.
No need to fall off of the chair but the first time ever I had my nails painted  for the entire duration with help from a n other which apart from curing my nail biting issues also helped me feel more feminine so thank you for talking me into it.
The first day was more a meet and greet as we arrived in the late afternoon sharing candy and eating food (most had Indian takeways but GHS did their own catering) and games.
On Friday thanks to Y.T and the Bear, we had oatcakes and bacon with breakfast, had a Halloween  themed Fish and chip meal  that was ordered plus collected by a couple of attendees plus a competition for the best Halloween outfit so I had a Death Kitty black and pink netted skirt with skull and cross bones on with black tights followed in the evening by a ghoulish disco.
Also most attendees made Pumpkin Lanterns carving out ghoulish faces with knives that were lit with "Tea lights" but as I'm not good with those things I made this instead!


I'd had this set for a bit and took it with me to make as you can make three things from it so I opted to make a Helicopter.
Friday and Saturdays middayish meal was a hand prepared super cold meat platter with pork pie and  salad  people helped themselves to.
On the Saturday thanks to two persons, we had home made Pancakes with breakfast which was a choice of cereal and toast.
The "Sticky One" held a monster class where she gave a presentation about Monsters and handed out a task for completion,namely to draw a monster and explain all about it.
I drew "Persianous Cateious" who was a cat monster I imagined at the age of 7 who had bright yellow eyes,  who'd growl and tear me apart from under the bed with fawn and red coloured fur. As I explained the cat died of natural causes but it kept me  awake at night during that period as it scared me.
We were visited for the day by three long term friends who sadly aren't able to come for the whole time but spend the day with us which was kinda fun and two bought delicious cupcakes which I was noted to have eaten with fork and napkin most delicately so not to get it all over my clothes and face.
Also, as it had been sunny, a swing had been temporarily erected in the grounds so I spent some time swinging back and forth on it without a care in the world.
In the afternoon, one member organized a treasure hunt based around the Addams Family stories centring on solving the mystery of Who Killed Mrs Death (The Cat) with clues positioned in the building to find and read which when I found it were read with my obvious accent!
The Green Team created a lovely chicken roast evening meal with a choice of deserts from scratch. 
The Sunday was more taken up with packing ones case, tidying up the place for the people we pay to use it and saying goodbyes. Those of us leaving late had a meal from the left overs before departing and our group went back via a well known Black Country castle to school enjoying a takeaway meal together before I left for the rail station the following day.
Thanks to the Organizers, the littles who bigged up to do stuff like cook, tidy up, run events and fetch food and the GHS people for making it possible for me to attend such a hugely enjoyable event.

The Middle side of Little: Frilled in skater skirt with side pleats, I actually enjoyed arriving at camp looking more little and can 'own' being a bit  more frilled than in the past which is something for me and thanks to all of you for helping me find the confidence  from within to step out my comfort zone and what is more, enjoy it.

1 comment:

  1. O M G I have studied this profile of you and can say that We have so many facial similarities it is a bit scary and uncanny My hair is a wee bit longer and covers my ears,but every thing else O M G.I keep going back ,enlarging and gaze in wonderment--Am I looking into a mirror Paulapetal

    ReplyDelete