Saturday, August 4, 2012

Hello and goodnight from me

Hi people.
First things first, we've a number of new visitors to this blog according to the numbers thing Google provide, and if that's you please read the About and if you wish, add a comment to the Hellos sections you click on from the top of the blog as they'll explain what this blog is really about and why I was so pleased Samantha amongst others publicly recognized the value of it.
I also wish to welcome PowderKid ,teenb101,Pickachu, tinkerbell and Noodle to my home of schoolgirlish innocence as well as Mary who returned to GT this week.
People at  Adisc and GT may have noticed something, namely my avatar yes the one form the same series as the delightful image I'm claiming this week, looks well, sharper, because when I edited it last time to fit the square 150x150pxavatar size restrictions at both sites, somehow the online resizer made it very grainy something Noodle rightly brought to my attention so I redid the resizing.
Last week I talked about sleep having lost several spoons to staying awake for longer than is good  for me and sleep is something that has been mentioned before as in Little Modes Sleep both at GT and there's a current thread running on it at Adisc plus there's my "Downsized Sleep" entry on here about talking about how and what I got from throwing the groan up stuff out of it!
Anyway peoples you'll recall I'd converted sleep into a going to sleep and waking up  as a adult little girl experience with age appropriate bedlinen, teddy bears, posters, pretty much the works really and it was wonderful.
Well, how well do you find actually switching off, closing your eyes and going to sleep? If you're like most of us maybe a bit iffy even if we turn off the Tv for a bit before getting into bed. But there's something, you might remember it, that used to work pretty well for you when you were younger and I'm suggesting you try it.
Recently faced with this, I recalled this reassuring routine of either being read a short story or maybe of listening to soothing songs -Lullabies- that from being in bed get you into a relaxed sleepy frame of mind from my own childhood.
It happens that Amazon has a pretty good recording of Lullabies in contemporary arrangements in stock that is available as an inexpensive download as well as a cd and I bought it.
Lullabies-the rainbow collection which I'm sure is available on Amazon in the States and Canada too.
It runs for about 35 minutes which is just long enough for you to start to drift off clutching your teddy and it does really help having adopted this into my sleep routine packed with favourite songs and rhymes from the past.
Until the next time and IK chat.
 Hugs Jo.

No comments:

Post a Comment