Sunday, August 19, 2012

Getting ready for New Term

Fast approaching end of Summer Vacations which for me  at least signifies the start of the Autumn Term and getting all your school requirements such as uniform sorted, ironed ready.
You know pretty much what my uniform is, and what it means to me so apart from anything else making sure everything is in top top shape really matters.

Apart from the socks as I like white just above the knee socks that's pretty much how mine looks and that's what I'm wearing this minute.
Apart from finding Peaches and Spikey after a bit of tidying up I got into my closet and have been creating some space to hang everything nicely.
While there I made a few discoveries such as finding three pairs of tailored shorts that oddly enough two would go with the uniform, being Grey,Blue  and White for PT type fun that gives me an option for playing not least actual out of doors playtime that should help to keep me more in tune with me inner self too. They're not the flannel sort that LB's wear but not so far off with pockets.
I suspect they date from that period I mentioned when I talked about shorts a while back being a route back into littleness before I knew anything about being little because I just do things anyhow.
And I've gotten some new socks ready for September too

2 comments:

  1. That picture evokes so many emotions in me. I remember growing up seeing girls dressed this way, first day of term and aching to be dressed the same, be one of them. Their world seemed so far away, the way they dressed and played, yet I felt I belonged, that I was standing on the wrong side of the playground.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fortunately I was able to cross that rubicon a fair number of times but it just got harder as I became older and gender barriers gotten raised.

    ReplyDelete