Monday, July 2, 2012

Transitional arrangements

Great isn't? The last full week of my current internet service provider and we start the day with an outage that's run to a day and a half to which no amount of router resetting can cure. And they wonder why I'm so keen to lose them??? Frankly Talk Talks service here is the worst you could get with numerous outages in over 6 years so it's really no wonder so many folk are deserting them for the likes of Sky, Plusnet and BT.
I most probably won't be around GT and chat from Monday thru Tuesday evening as that's when the hunky monkey's meant to installed the new kit.
Still the good news is the great swelling of June has gone thanks to Penicillin as well as good medical attention so I'm starting the week feeling better as believe you me I felt awful last week requiring to be sent home early from work as it was affecting my ability to concentrate which given the stuff we do is pretty important, this  is not a good thing really.
You can't escape the past though, and I've been through some rough patches like while I was in my teens I went rolling down a hill backwards in a motorized scooter scaring the heck out of everyone (and probably myself too) when I made a big mistake involving gradients that could of been fatal.
Talking of the past, I was reminded of things from the past while rebuilding the music library on this laptop, re-ripping cds complete with cover art to put on music players as well as playing out while searching the internet and copying over some Mp3's I'd bought a while back from online stores that had been living on memory sticks as that computer had insufficient space for things like music and photo's.
I've reestablished the Beatles, David Bowie and Japan libraries from scratch! You wouldn't believe the number of these sticks I have floating around from when I had to plug them into play or copy music to my portable music player although it's no bad thing to back up important files.
I always kept photos on a dedicate stick that lived plugged permanently into the other computer and I may possibly stay with that way as it keeps everything synchronized and am loading in the Serif photo program PhotoplusX5 I spent real money for that came with a digital scrapbook package and some British clipart for all manner of uses.

No comments:

Post a Comment