Thursday, July 12, 2012

The cat is out of the bag!

It's been an eventful week both in terms of things that got done and new shared experiences which are intertwined.
First of all as I mentioned at the two sites most of us share, I was having my internet connection changed over to a much faster fibre as far as the neighbourhood box one, as the leading telecoms company here had fibred the area and it was  a really good all in package if you're a light phone user such as me. As my email is all web based I'd have no problems with losing mail and resetting all my contacts.
Anyway,as we all know I'm a little who dresses more like that in my spare time so the obvious question was what do I do about the engineer calling. Well, actually I stood in front of the mirror and stamped my feet saying "I'm me. I can adapt how I present a bit but I'm still me, a little, and no one's changing who I am".
So with that I decide the uniform could freak him out so we'll opt for the HK tee, cute shorts and socks followed with HK slippers! And you know what? It didn't phaze him nor did testing the connection on the GT home page!
Someone, might of been Alain, commented to the effect it was brave. Brave? Me the original scaredicat? No, it was the confidence that comes with the conviction of being true to yourself while showing some mature consideration of consequences.
We now have really fast even through wireless connection to the laptop making downloading Mako and Spacy's podcast happen in seconds!!!
Over at IK, we've had a few new really lovely people with a fur side and sadly a troll that had to be vacuumed so I've been chatting a bit with them and a couple of things came up that I'm gonna talk about.
First off, InnerKid ettiquette. It seems to me to be a little problematic (no pun intended) as the nature of some peoples little headspace is at the "I wants", "yous play with me" stage which kind of fits if you're at the under 6's stage but is lacking a bit of "can yous play" with me" or even "can yous play?". It may help if people can use a little age appropriate politeness especially if you're playing with an older playmate.
Fursonas:
We were discussing fursonas and I had a revelation, no not the last book of the New Testament, and it was this, I am given to wanting to express myself  as catgirl although I don't own a custom because I have a lot the cat type spirit in the form of a catgirl in me who is playful. Although I can't draw for toffee with my paws and amazingly bad co-ordination and spacial awareness, I've joined FA. Will Zee and Toddlergirl recover from the shock? Lol!
I wrote an introduction that that's not a blow by blow account about me but one that doesn't avoid my little side as the more open in  a less is more way you are, the less likely anyone will misread who and what you're about (and for me it's not sexual).
Hope to see lots of you in chat next week.


1 comment:

  1. Yaya its great to hear you have come to FA and i was wondering what your name is on FA so i can add you if that is ok:)
    Also i'm sooo happy for you that you decided to be who you are when the engineer came around and he was very professional. If only all the world was so accepting it would be a much happier place.
    Enjoying your journals btw

    Chibi babyfur Huggies

    Sylphie

    ReplyDelete