Monday, June 12, 2023

Survived Saturday edition

Monday soon enough comes around although in truth this was started on late Saturday after watching a Barry Manilow concert where he performed Could It Be Magic.


Inspired by melody & chord progressions from the 20th (#20 in C Minor) out of 24 Preludes via Chopin's Prelude in C Minor Op. 28 upon re-release in late 1978 some three years later than its initial one, this was a massive hit in the UK and I did at the time buy it.

A good chunk of the reason I started work on this that late on is that it's been very hot around 29 degrees c which really knocks the stuffing out of me and all you end up doing is sipping soft drinks in a thin gingham dress as anything else is just too much.

Popping upstairs to play a record that just arrived after some forty minutes left me feeling drained to be honest but as it was a bit warm upon being picked up by the Royal Meow person in the van I did need to know it was reasonably flat.

I had had popped out for a walk about eight o clock in morning having gotten up early to try to avoid sunstroke and sunburn given how the forecasts were although I don't know what happened to our thundery showers and read some of my old summer comics specials with the fan running and windows open.

No comments:

Post a Comment