Monday, June 26, 2023

Memories from '95

 Possibly the last warm week for a bit as I'm a bit dripping here recovering from being somewhat pawley Tm yesterday from the moment I got up, I'd hardly say woke up as I'd very little sleep thanks to major disruptions across the early morning.

Thoughts were drifting to the mid nineties, those days when we'd be "staying out for the summer", hoping for a "fine time" after someone said "wake up boo" and the gallagher brothers said "roll with it" to Mr alburn's "country house" in  chart spat.

Part of that is finding some of my SHINE compilations of indie hits of that era bought when Lesley and I used to hang around, share food and talk about photography, music over drinks.

She was into Hooch the alcopop brand massive back then and showing my beliefs was on regular pop although that was never an issue.

I'd bring videos of the summer festival sets the bands we liked to play as unlike me they didn't have have Sky and as her property unlike mine was rented you had to get permission from the landlord and it was only matter a few years from moving out of their parental home in the south of the city.

Those were the days.

No comments:

Post a Comment