Monday, June 7, 2021

Summer 2021

 Rather a warm start to the week even if it is cooler than the middle of last weeks.

While the groan ups are still arguing about how summer is going to be and there are things I certainly want to be doing by a months time, I'd sooner think about what it is I loved from past summers.

Things that past summers meant with me  were things like the various 'wakes weeks' where the fun fair would roll into town using taking a portion of the common where candyfloss sellers, games and funfairs would be running and you'd enjoy yourself playing, maybe riding the horse.

Here we'd have and are thank goodness getting some visitors to our canal, getting off for a period exploring the countryside and using the local shops.

In better times we'd of had a picnic but I suspect we may be a bit too late for that where we'd play openly together having fun, flying kites and climbing trees cos we still feel that urge, that compulsion to as our child-like selves.

Those are things that interest me and paws crossed we may get to be able to do them soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment