Monday, May 24, 2021

Classical Music sacd Round Up 19 - Beethoven violin sonatas


 This disc is  part of a a complete set of Violin Sonatas by Beethoven that although they'd come out in 2014 I had missed out upon.

Over four discs it covers in order of composition each violin concerto being performed by Thomas A. Irnberger and Michael Korstick who are well captured in a warm setting by the recording team carefully monitoring the performance.

This was well worth getting and given the wet stormy weather we've had across the week a great thing to relax to on my sacd player and stereo equipment.



I also played my four discs of Haydn's London symphonies performed by the English Chamber Orchestra conducted by Jeffrey Tate who performed on that Mozart cd I mentioned a couple of weeks back.

No comments:

Post a Comment