Monday, July 6, 2015

Photo'd Duck

Hi Hi folks, no idea what the weather is going to be like but like as from now I have my homework to do so I've made a start on this Monday's entry in advance
Ducks and Swans have been a favourite thing of mine to just sit out and watch, be they in a parkside lake or like in this picture I took recently, swimming on our local canal.
As with every film sourced picture I take that sharp eye on the duck to the right, was done by hand on my Zuiko 135mm moderate telephoto lens, this time on the OM20 camera using Fuji's Superia 200 film.
 A few days ago a box arrived at my door and it contains this, a Olympus Zuiko 75-150mm F4 telephoto zoom lens I managed to get 'dirt cheap' tm.
Generally the fixed length lenses tend to be better however there are times, and pictures like the above are one, when being able to make quick, precise decisions on framing the subject using the lens can help as well as saving you changing lenses frequently with the potential loss of opportunity as you switch them apart from physically having to carry two or more.
I find it is rare I need bigger telephoto's such as the  200 and 300mm ones on an everyday basis so this and say the small   35mm wide angle and 50mm  is often all I need out with me.
I've yet to take a few pictures with it but what I'm seeing through the viewfinder looks very sharp indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment