Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Pinafore dress patterns

Hi, Hi peoples after a few days with a really bad migraine,I suppose you can say expect the unexpected cos I'm feeling very little at the minute with a few chunks of memory temporarily M.I.A. after that.
But anyway I felt like posting a little about dresses (gasp!).

 Most of these patterns are from the late 50's and the 60's and starting from the above while all are really nice, two stick out as potentially me rolled back to the age, the bottom left plaid one and especially the lower middle one in blue with the red ribbon.
I'm not really into 'fussy' designs that probably has something to do with finding dressing at times difficult by myself.

 From the second picture top right panel, that blue dress with the bow looks more the kind of thing I could worn at a party, Alice style as there's just about enough 'pouf' in the skirt to make a pleasant change from school dresses.
 This next set is from 1964 and I think it's the blue one with the detail on the bodice and again I like how the skirt hangs on it.
 Same era and it could be either although I suspect the blue check just edges in with a classic cut preferring an A line to a tube shape.

Fast forward to 1969, and it's the one on the left, bring out the white tights and the ribbon and I'd be in seventh heaven apart from feeling definitely little. And little I am!

And there with have it with aid of missing bits of memory to cut out any internal fighting, I, Joanne, do admit to being a girl who loves dresses.
Darn it the secret's out!
Is there gonna be  a cry of "Can you please sow my button back on please?" next.

1 comment:

  1. I Christine Daryleanne Paradise also am a girl who loves dresses. I also know the difference between pettis and crinnies, and prefer the latter because they are light and airy. Now, when will you do an entry about tiaras

    ReplyDelete