Saturday, February 15, 2014

New additions

Hey, hey folks this week I'm talking about a couple  of friends who've recently come into my life after requiring a new home.
First up is Millie who as you can see is a  magnificent 8 inch 'vintage' rag doll in her sailor uniform including woollen bloomers in pretty good shape.

In addition to her and I did promise Colleen I would, here is her rehomed friend, Amy
Okay for girls of certain chronological age  this means something because she is one of the Holly Hobbie characters popularized in the works of Denise Holly Ulinskas, an American children's story writer.
The cat-loving, rag dress-wearing little girl in a giant bonnet and licensed to Knickerbocker Toys who popularized these rag dolls in the mid 1970's. 
Amy is an original  and had to be resowed carefully during her previous life but otherwise is in good rather than exceptional shape.
Be that as it may, these were the dolls my female friends played with outside of Sindy and Barbie and I always wanted one badly and now I have Amy.

Important Note:  The next blog update will be delayed as I shall be elsewhere shall we say but I will publish an entry as soon as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment