Monday, April 22, 2024

New old -annuals

Things are a bit better this week although the oldish Windows machine's being a little erratic in its operations so I'm doing a bit a pre-planning like posting any images when it feels like co-operating and finishing things off on the reliable Chromebook.

This week I found an old school photograph which would of been when I was thirteen and a bit taken with just a hint of the then popular diffusion with a soft wide apertured background that's noticeable for the short bob girlish style hair and baby pink v neck sweater with tie which clearly showed how I saw thinks back then, uniform style but not rigidly stereotypical.

Back then the gender divide was of almost Berlin Wall proportions not least in school so you might make your own arrangements for getting "in" with things the other sex alone officially were supposed to do be them sports, games you play or comics you'd rather read although because most of my sports were disability sports at least they were co-ed unlike most.

Even if you were lucky to acquire the comics or figure you wanted, chances are many may of gone by now so I was pleased to get this compilation of classic girls  annuals of the 1970's - the sort of thing some of us read - with stories we remember presented as annual.

Although this came out in 2014, I'd been looking for a copy for ages when I found a store with a copy in and got it.

Given the heavy rain of late, it's just the thing to cheer me up.

No comments:

Post a Comment