Monday, December 27, 2021

Christmas day edition 2021

On the ball or not this has been hastily put together as we are able to do a bit more than last and so we will have a few visitors today.

Christmas here is very much a repeat of how things were cos I haven't changed, I remain pretty much like a child any so a staple is annuals connected to comics so we have this years Beano Annual which may of caught up with the Spotty as Scotty renaming in the Bash Street Kids following Fatty becoming Freddie or possibly not but will have the two new classmates in.

We don't have a Dandy no more outside of the Summer Special but we do have an all new annual to look forward to.

Recently there has been themed compilations of classic cartoon strips from the Dandy and Beano from the past and this years looks at stories featuring characters doing art and drawing within the comic.


 Although I am familiar with the aria's from it I hadn't a copy of the full Madama Butterfly opera by the Italian composer Puccini and in the christmas stocking is a new acclaimed recording.


 Spinning at 33 1/3rd, I had the limited edition Dusty Springfield Atlantic singles set from 1968 thru 1971 on ruby red vinyl that uses the original mono singles mixes.

I also had some money I can take with me once we are clearer how the start of next year is likely to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment