Monday, August 23, 2021

Girls in charge!

As I write this I've just come in soaking wet drying the lower half of my body off with a towel after what was supposed to had been a short brisk walk in a light shower turned out to be a torrential downpour.

One reason for doing this apart from finding going out helps with my anxiety and related issues is if I don't move at all much, I soon become stiff to the point I'd struggle to get out of the chair.

When it's like this is normally in time honoured style I'd read comics and more girlhood based story books just to escape the confines mentally of four walls and instead place myself in adventure or school based story as that young girl following the plot an laughing out loud at the antics.

One thing I often fantasized over when I was between ten and thirteen was what it would be like if a girl had to step up to be the school mistress or perhaps a teacher and what being in such a setting would be like.

Would they be as the expression goes "as hard as nails" for knowing everything we'd all get up to which was something a few of us forget at a training place when a former trainee took a job there or would it be "all girls together".

The closest we got to it was when the Head Girl took the register for a short period and a teacher having set us some work to do, she would supervise us.

It was and remains an intriguing concept.

No comments:

Post a Comment