Monday, October 19, 2020

A cozy time in

I think we're well into the fall here as I can certainly feel it in the air and especially when I get up in the mornings, not quite shivering but certainly cool on my arms and hands before I go for a stroll in the fresh air.

This time of year tends to bring back memories of how we cope with the seasonal changes back then when we didn't even have central heating just block storage heaters on the landing and in living room which were supposed to store electric energy from the night and release it during the day.


Back then we had a coal fire although truthfully we did burn wood in it so we tended to play in the front room as children near by not right up against the fire with us and some of our toys on the floor while our folks and older children sat reading or watching the television.

Compared with today, we were very much more together, not in separate spaces even if we were doing different things, able to interact when needed and in more than the physical sense, in a warm setting.

That playing with on the floor with everybody else around is one of those things I miss.

No comments:

Post a Comment