Wednesday, December 25, 2019

Spinnin' Christmas day edition

Christmas but once a year so getting out of bed not really being asleep for much of the night I am up having smelt the grump's turkey cooking overnight and am opening the presents while my brother is present as he came at 9 o'clock! which also was a bit later than planned.
Like how do get something for breakfast and be sociable?
There is only on batch of main presents this year thanks to a three year delay which comprises of the first four Dire Straits albums remastered and issued on Super Audio cd.
 They were not cheap and will be reviewed at some future point but the sheer expense cut into my Christmas allowance my folks allow but as the reviews at other sites were so positive trading my original cds from the 80's for these seemed to make sense.
Back to the future  with annuals connected to christmas of the past with the boys, girls and pets that we laughed our heads off reading the Beano and Dandy Comics.
 Being straight reprints they take you back to the past you knew which is why as with last year there's no current Beano annual simply because while some of the favourites of the past are still there, the contexts are different and the newer series of cartoon strips don't connect that much with me.
I do have a copy of the Dandy Annual though with new stories about the old favourites like Beryl The Peril and The Numbskills.
 I did pick up the Christmas Beano Special which is the christmas themed regular edition which covers the comic as it now is which is enough to enjoy the way the comic has moved. 
Let's put it this way, last weeks regular comic for Christmas week was a plastic festooned edition with bits for pranks while in the past the stories would be enough to get you reading what might be happening to Walter and his Softies chums from Dennis and Gnasher and so on.
I got a zip up Maroon sweater from Mom which wasn't expected to be honest as it's been a few years since she'd bought one.
I had some money from relatives that I can use towards some books or Blu ray discs in the future.
Hope everyone's enjoying Christmas and don't give the dog a bone.
Regards Jo.

No comments:

Post a Comment