Friday, September 25, 2015

Dept of strange affairs!

Wednesday was fun.
I'd just gotten up and had my breakfast as Grumpy was due out and as he was about to open the front door something snucked past his legs or rather through them as he said "Marmalade's just come in" before shutting the door
Marmalade comes through in a rush and then I realized something was not  quite right here and said  with some urgency "I think we have a problem, Mom".
Seconds later I saw what the 'problem' was.
I could see this shadow over his mouth and then something was showing quite visible with feathers and a beak. Yes that darn cat had been hunting and gotten a baby Finch when he decided to dash into the house so he 'play' with it in the relative comfort of a gas warmed front room!
The flamin' cheek of it!
I got hold of him and it dropped from his mouth. Thankfully it was dead as that would of saved me from either seeing if it could be nursed back to health or having to put it down which makes me feel all queasy.
I put it in bag and buried it in the back of the garden well out of sight of the local cats as didn't see why they should have a meal out of this unfortunate incident.



Yesterday had it's own moments too. Like as some of you know I have much of my music stored on micro sd cards for my music player for use out and about or  I'm poorly which isn't exactly uncommon with me, to play via it to a small stereo in my rest room.
It saves faffing about finding the recording and putting it on a cd or turntable when I'm feeling seriously yukky.
Anyway I like the awesome Canadian group Rush, always did and had been getting the new better than regular cd High Definition downloads  my player plays extremely well and I keep a spare card with back ups of them on.
Imagine then my reaction when while changing a card and it flys through mid air and I can't see it landed!
I was tearing my hair out trying to find it last night and have only just spotted it at the very end of the room in a dark corner just visible by it's gold plated contacts where it had landed contact side up!
I can see I'm gonna have to get a changing bag to put the player in while I'm doing this so it can't travel as far!
Now just listening to Stravinsky's The Firebird Suite as I type this!

No comments:

Post a Comment