Monday, May 26, 2014

Lesson for dolls

As no doubt some are aware a different kind of history has been made today, I thought I would made a different post this morning.

I found this image a while ago of traditional German classroom modelled with dolls that reminded me of the kind of junior education I had. 
For one thing we had to write out and learn by rote your times tables up to 12, that were put up on the chalkboard and our teacher did have a long stick they pointed at it (and threatened you with!). Also the desk were wooden with a slope that interestingly many are now saying were better for reading and writing on having removed them for flat stackable tables and chairs.
There were maps on the wall, one showing the extent of the British Empire (as was), something we were proud of and a small class bookcase.
Turning rather more to the dolls I find it is interesting a number are in sailor uniforms, a Edwardian idea and like how the person has added matching satchels. 

No comments:

Post a Comment