Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Tomboy

Thank goodness it's stopped raining as this damp stuff does nothing for my bones! The world is catching up with us as one in six UK adults sleep with cuddly toys and I just calmly announced to the world I was going straight on my swing after work and nobody batted an eyelid!!!
'Tomboy' has a longish history to me as  mode of expression putting together looks that got past all that crazy parental "it can be like but not be too obviously female" stuff way back in the day and in hindsight was the first obvious through dress attempt I did to keep  my LG side alive spending most of my free time dressed in shorts and girlie tops.  In fact just thinking back for a second, some of my tops from that period did have children's characters on them!
This was before I rediscovered Pinafores  and the whole school girl bit which is wonderful.
People tried loading guns, cars and cowboy outfits on me but they weren't touched as I'm sure anyone could told them really I preferred dolls but I did like playing with trees as at our first house we had a tree lined strip between the access road  and the main road where we could play at collecting sticks, hide and seek and attempt climbing.
Seeing weather aside we're heading toward spring I bought a few new clothes around that style.
One thing from those days that remains is I like laying on the grass, being sat or even crawling across carpets playing or colouring (it's a sensual thing) and sometimes Shorts can be more modest so I bought a new pair but minus all that brash sophisticated groan up branding all over them.
Anyway these are genuine kids PE shorts for the maximum authenticity and dead easy to keep clean!
It's easy to team T shirts with shorts something I'm sure most parents know but it can be harder to get  stuff in bigger sizes that isn't so obviously groan up with it's images and logos but I found two that did the job perfectly in their own different ways.


Well you were expecting something Kitty, right? But this is a more a Teen take on HK with it's texting slogan and Kitty posed with cellphone and will tie in my white and black shorts to as well as  skirts.


Aye! Indeed. It's Happy the talking cat from the anime Fairy Tail who's so cute and adorable. You can get him from animUK a online anime merchandise store in the UK although this T is American.

No comments:

Post a Comment