Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Downsized sleep

Hello people.
There were two entries I felt like making this week as I sometimes wake up with ideas for these things so the next one up will be the more serious one.
A couple of entries back I was talking about casual wear, sorting through older stuff and how all of that fits with my little side but as a continuation of that my thoughts moved towards another side of clothing.
Last year you may recall I did out my bedroom removing older age  inappropriate stuff that had been there for eons, making space for my dolls, teddies and hello kitty posters as I wanted to wake up gazing out upon a more girlish scene.
Well, for as many years my sleeping attire was unmistakably female but recently I started to re-examine in my own mind what it is I'm wanting to get out of the the sleeping experience and came to the conclusion I didn't just want to wake up to that girlish scene so much as I wanted to enter it sleeping in more girlish fashion.
Was there anything more appropriate for me than to be wearing Hello Kitty night attire? Didn't think so  so I got these:
Well it is fleecy so it does keep me warm although it will take a t shirt underneath if it's real cold, really cute and is  decent length. I do like night dresses actually also currently having a dog paw print one but as one of my others had seen better days this will make a great replacement.
Sometimes and usually in winter you sure know it - you need something thicker so I've always had pajamas for when temperatures go shooting to the minus degrees Celsius sometimes throwing on a old sweater and bed socks for good measure.
Well, being brought up in the cold you sure learn how to keep warm, eh? 
I opted for this being a little flexible:
Okay it's a T shirt but it's thicker than a fair number of night shirts or even pajama tops, is so cute and obviously child like from a 100% child range with a snug fit.
Actually I saw a caption site - not  a LG one sadly so it's not all me - where someone found another 'little' on the inside who'd embraced this side wearing HK Pajamas and to be honest I was taken by how it looked.
Well I bought these which are a bit different and not quite as kittenish but still way over the on the cute girlish side:


It's heart design on a reddy pink alternating with Kitty herself with blue adjustable drawstring.
Isn't that so cute?
I think the best way to describe the impact of them on me is that it downsizes my sleeping age meaning I go to sleep feeling more like the 12 year old I am waking up looking out on my world, the World of Joanne_Chan in wonder.

1 comment:

  1. I think it's great to go to sleep and wake up looking at the world in wonder!

    I also think Hello Kitty is great for helping you do that. :)

    ReplyDelete