Monday, December 8, 1980

What if.... [Pre-blog]

I often think about how I would feel if I were to present as a girl as I'm tired on days like today when we're going out to places and I want to be me.

You see this feeling has been with me from my earliest days from the minute I realized people were treating me different from the group of children  I felt I belonged with because they said I was a boy even though the way I think and physically I aren't the same as them.
To me when I was seven, all of that and the betweeness to me wasn't a reason  not to wear not even "to be put into" even a dress cos psychologically speaking that is appropriate for my gender and my life is more determined by that anything physically.
This was the dress I so wanted my parents to put me in so I could blend in my my girl peers
exploring some relevant things around gender  presentation such as how it might feel to be seen as a girl when they've never seen you as such, how you show female presence in your new gender and so on.
Internally I am so done with  "don't be silly, you're a boy".

1 comment:

  1. Just reading your blog and totally get you. So wish you'd been able to wear the clothes you wanted.

    ReplyDelete