Monday, July 20, 2026

Blinded By Science


 We've had yet another hot week here, not as bad as the first heatwave of the summer but certainly hot enough for double windows open, blinds down and fans running for much of the day so we've not been wearing much.

One thing I did was play a unusual record that I own  from 1983.

It's what was called a Mini LP, a new format that Capitol-Emi tried in North America of a record longer than a twelve inch single but with full album art and a proper jacket with spine.

This comprised of two UK twelve inch singles and an extra track that run for just over twenty-nine minutes for a low price.
She Blinded Me With Science with vocal contributions from Dr Magnus Pyke was also released as a edited seven inch single peaking at number five on the Billboard Hot 100.

This was a big seller in the spring and summer of 1983 and something I liked for compositions such as Windpower.

No comments:

Post a Comment