Monday, October 2, 2023

HK and the Millennium Now series revisited.

This may be a "wrapped up" edition but there's a few things going on such as the closure of Sanriotown.com and the associated email service some of us adored in the earlier part of this century where we could play games and talk about everything in the Hello Kitty world.

A few months back Now who gives many hundreds of compilations resumed a series originally undertaken in 1999 called the Millennium Series that covered 1980 through 1999 in two cd sets.


They decided logically to start at the year 2000 but strangely rather than having stand alone editions per year  decided to make each set a pair so we have have on the third and forth cds, 2001

I did buy a fair bit of music during this era but I never bought the Nows as much of the chart music they featured was Electronic Dance and HipHop which generally doesn't do much for me but as a reminder of what those hits were like and there are some I really did like it's a handy set.


On Friday the follow up emerged which pairs 2002 and 2003.


There is actually more on this set I do like although as before I tended to buy individual artist albums by people I liked such as Jamiroquai and Katie Melua so I can see this being played a fair bit.

One of the things I noticed in the early two thousands was the wide gap between sales between the most popular albums artists and what was in and promoted for the singles charts, wider than it was between 1971 and 1974.

It was the start of the TV talent show acts being pushed into the charts often by producers and labels owned by the tv production company

No comments:

Post a Comment