Monday, July 10, 2023

Picnic time!

Despite the odds including the re-routing of a train that took it away from my nearest stations I did get away last week for the first event that although I'd looked forward to it on the past has not for various reasons not been held since around 2017.

Because of the train situation for me the day started the day before with getting a taxi from a company just a couple of miles away to the bigger of the two local rail stations which was going smoothly until a delayed train to Manchester resulted in platform change with just a minute and a half before it was due in!

From that point things were more straight forward as I arrived to meet a couple of people before we stopped enroute to pick up some food  - a mini fish and chips for me - to eat on arrival as it was evening and in any event I hadn't eaten since twelve o clock.

After music and chat it was time to curl up to bed.

Morning started with a bacon sandwich and getting things like windbreaks and food into the car as we set off to the location and having arrived found the others and moved to our fairly secluded spot.


The views were breathtaking especially for catgirls!


The grass was quite tall and ideal for a whole host of insect life so part from being on a plaid picnic blanket I did have my certified Mozzy proof insect repellent on and anti histamine tablets at hand to prevent any biting issues as for me the reactions are severe and require medical treatment. 

There was a central point where all food was pooled and shared as everyone was to bring something or other to share although there were mobile units selling tea and ice cream.

Games were played like bury the Sammy in plushies  in addition to flying kites and airplanes which was something other groups did do too.

By just after five it was time for people to make their separate ways so after goodbyes we drove off dropping one person off at their flat while they offered us tea and the chance to use the bathroom before arriving back.

We had a sausage roll and a cup of tea before it was time for bed.

I was up and had some cereals before being taken into town as they had some other business to do their to catch my train home which also had a last minute platform change after two people at two different stations decided standing on the track was a good idea!

The weekend had been enjoyable for seeing some people I hadn't seen for  a very long time - pre covid era - and thanks to Miss Green and everyone else including Katie for a pleasant weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment