Monday, January 23, 2023

Comics and Spins

This life mixes the old original and new old fashioned way and for me that always included the things I read such as Disney magazines and comics such as the Beano so Friday's announcement that David Sutherland who draw from 1962 the Bash Street Kids, Biffo the Bear and that lovable menace, Dennis for some 1,000 episodes had died my mind flipped back to those copies I had through the 1970's and 80's that lightened many a day.

Comics were a thing some brought by my parents others though people like my Nan who took a great interest in meeting my needs when it came to them and some I might be gifted a week later from friends families apart from swapping during recess if it was raining.

Between things I've been playing recordings by The Yardbirds and Jeff Beck following the latters recently announced  death as a guitar hero of mine, even ahead - just- of Clapton and Page when it comes to Britishers.

I have a few lps and a rather good 4 cd compilation of the Yardbirds that I bought must of been ten or so years ago that has sessions and live tracks mixed in with final takes so you see how all got together sounding so powerful.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment