Monday, October 3, 2022

Blown about start to October

So it's wild and so far in blowy October which meant I didn't get anywhere Friday and Saturday here so yes it was dolly and colouring time at chez Jo's and reading this weeks Beano cover to cover.

I mean you can't call grown up news exactly suitable material for relaxing to with strikes, talk about nuclear strikes,money value going up and down like a yo-yo plus if "that" book actually comes out or not.

Sometimes then it makes sense to switch off all that stuff in much the same way we did with The Troubles, P.L.O terrorism and all that in the past cos after all kids and as kids we had to focus on what we needed and the regular day and then like now you might be told you can't go someplace due to a threat or transportation workers being on strike and just get on with it.

I also did play this record I had in the second half of 1979, the late Tom Petty's Damn The Torpedoes being chocobloc with great songs like Don't Do Me Like That, Louisiana Rain, Even The Losers and my all time favourite of his, Refugee.

Sunday I had on some Rachmaninov piano music from a box set I bought some years ago on compact disc which I feel has some of best performances in it.

Hopefully today will be drier so I just get out and enjoy the fresh air.

No comments:

Post a Comment