Monday, May 4, 2020

May Day 2020 round up

Hi. Today is May Day, which normally is a "bank holiday" but because the groan ups decided they wanted to mark V.E. Day which was seventy-five years ago instead decided to cancel May Day bank holiday and make Friday the V.E. Day  a bank holiday in its place.

They were somewhat late in doing so so many diaries and calendars are not actually correct and not as much of was planned for that is actually going ahead anyway.
 From my point of view then I'm running with what we'd normally do such as holding events in town or village greens and schools such as Maypole dancing which I loved for the music and dancing  spectacular it is as illustrated here by the girls in lovely blue dresses.

Unfortunately like with most things this year Covid-19 has been a party pooper spoiling to such events so in many places we've not been able to do this but I insist on holding to the tradition and the memories.
 While I was out exercising under the current restrictions this weekend I came by this lovely specimen and captured it with my Sony compact camera with the air much cleaner than usual so I could hear and smell the countryside rather than car fumes and the roar of the motorway nearby.
 I was pleased to see the return of Holly Hobbie on CBBC in the second series last Tuesday following the story of the teen schoolgirl country singer her friends and trying to "be the change" in her small country town.

The series has a good heart, does raise some interesting ethical points along the way but above all is entertaining with well drawn good characters avoiding stereotypes.

I seldom watch groan up television cos it does nothing for me .

No comments:

Post a Comment