Monday, January 20, 2020

The Herbs

Last week wasn't the best in terms of weather with Storm Brendan battering away for  couple of days with added heavy rain so with this so far having the coldest weather this year due I do have a few things to do  should it be too icy for me to be on foot.
 The Herbs were an late nineteen-sixties cartoon put together by the same people as Paddington Bear and indeed was written  by Michael Bond himself that I always loved for the  stories of the animals named after herbs such as Parsley the Lion and Dill the Dog and Sir basil and Lady Rosemary.
It doesn't take much for me to start singing:



I'm a very friendly lion called Parsley,

with a tail for doing jobs of every kind,

but I mustn't treat it roughly or too harshly,

for it's such a useful thing to have behind.

 I picked up a couple of dvd's of the show that do play in the Blu Ray machine to watch with Gordon Rollin's narrating when it's too bad to be out.
It can live with my Paddington, Ivor The Engine, Clangers,80's  Dangermouse and Bagpuss discs.

No comments:

Post a Comment