Sunday, April 15, 2012

Party dresses

A few weeks back we were discussing  little girl fashion and the difference between what inspires those of us who are more centred around what's contemporary  and those of you who who go for a older more crinoline style.
One thing I did mention was outside of 'uniform' (stands to attention!) and clothes that may be either warmer or perhaps more suited to play, I do like party dresses where you do want to stand out twirling around.
In actual contemporary children's dresses there are a number of such items available in inexpensive lines too from the major outlets and indeed some supermarket chains of which this is a good example:
This one is by F&F called "Borderline print floral" and is available from Tesco's.
Although it has a ribbon feature, it's fairly unfussy with modest cuts and a 3/4 length and I must say I love that print.
Where contemporary trends also would differ is today you'd team that up with leggings, possibly 7/8 length or tights rather than frilly topped socks for a look that's feminine  but less 'pouf'.

1 comment:

  1. I like to get that for my niece's but i think my mum will beat me to them as she works for that big superstore that stocks them.

    ReplyDelete