Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Guides and things

It's the height of summer as we get this slice of life blog going notwithstanding the many issues I have with my internet provider whose connection seems really rather erratic, prone to coming to a grinding halt at times.

 

I did write something a few years back around guiding and most probably will write a bit more as we get going (and I'm well enough to type) but I love reading about guides not least reading old annuals of the sort your parents or great Aunts would of bought you as they knew you were, taking an interest in what you do.

This is good example of the kinds of things they'd cover, accounts of special days like World Thinking Day, Pack camps with your friends putting into practise what you know while having fun and the badges you can earn.


I do have dolls and might write something about them at some point on this blog as I don't have a digital camera so any pictures I take need to be scanned from film taken on my Olympus SLR before uploading but I'd truly love to have a Brownies Doll in the 1979's, 80's uniform I remember so well.


No comments:

Post a Comment