Monday, November 18, 2013

You called?

It's shocking isn't it? I've had the same cellphone a Nokia 3410 for over ten years, two employers and a good many vacations after getting tired of relying on callboxes to phone friends from and the lines that would form from each in a Summer's evening when away.
Well, the battery started to lose its ability to store the power that would not of been bad other than Nokia seemingly no longer make the battery having discontinued the phone itself  and the third party makers in China replacement models are of so-so quality at best.
I'm currently with Vodafone whose network has a very good reliable coverage, something in this area can't be relied upon by others such as Orange, and didn't feel like having to change my cellphone number but needed a replacement, not least for when I'm out on daytrips and the like quickly.
Because of my paws I do need something fairly robust and with my co-ordination I'm prone to falling over so models with thin glass screens aren't so good. 
As I don't need the Internet, I bought this, the Samsung E1200 which could be had for little more than the cost of a replacement battery which is simple to use with a very tactile keypad and very long battery life not just when making calls but also when in standby.
It was sold as unlocked to any one network and comes without your providers SIM card so you have to physically remove it  from your old phone to the new one, where after a moment it works like a treat.
The phone holds it charge well which will be useful for things like alg gatherings as not having to pack a charger does save space.
Needless to say it has had a Hello Kitty sticker applied to the back and a protective HK phone sock is coming to keep it in!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Joanne Chan,

    I hope all is well with you!

    I'm not quite sure if you know that I sent you a message through Hangout? This technology is new to me, so really not sure what appears at the other end. ;-)

    I do have a question that has been making me think. I'd rather bring it up in private, and not sure if Hangout is the place!

    So, if you know a better place, do let me know. Or if you're not sure about Hangout, do say so. Or if you do know the question but really don't want to answer, that's fine as well, but please do say so! ;-)

    Happy alg-ing!

    ReplyDelete