Monday, June 5, 2006

Jennings


I went for part of my childhood to a boarding school where of necessity all your relationships with teachers, care staff and class mates  are very different plus to a very large extent you're living by someones rules wearing a uniform all day with no chance of a change.
While there I read the Jennings series of book based upon the adventures  of two friends at prep boarding school called Jennings and Darbishire which made sense as  was in similar situation and we too had our adventures that seemed incomprehensible to those who were responsible for our welfare on the grounds. 
There remains a very large part of my that would enjoy a return to boarding school and I was fortunate to spend 6 months in a residential college where I could go back to being the boarding school kid with informal dorm parties and all the little intrigues.

No comments:

Post a Comment