Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Easter Bonnets
























Here we go as we enter the last days of Easter and I've an entry for everyone.Easter means different things for everyone from those of us who follow the events  of the Christian calendar taking us to the day of Jesus's death and resurrection to those who are more at one with say the Easter Bunny making his rounds.
For me though there's a memory of Easter that matters to me and it is this:
A Junior High we had art and craft classes and for one of them we were set the task of making an Easter Bonnet from used materials be they fabrics, or whatever was in the scrap box and for this despite a few strange looks I decided to make my own Easter Bonnet from a old straw hat decorating it it some pink coloured felt  with cut out flowers and the odd bit of lace. A bit like the picture at the top of the page.
I thought it was wonderful and was able to wear this in class, one of the few time in formal classes I could be a girl so if this time of year is about rebirth then you could say it was pretty appropriate, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment