Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Choo choos

One place I visited in my childhood was in North Derbyshire near the Cheshire border which you have to climb up steep hills along the Pennines in our car.
Pop you see was something of a Railway Enthusiast, insisting on dragging us everywhere  in pursuit of his interests when all I wanted to do was sit out in the sun having a picnic with teddy, which if you ever been there you'll understand as the scenery is lovely. This period of my life wasn't so nice as he'd get mad if he didn't get his ways although I have now started to be to separate an understanding of the engines and appreciation of the engineering from all that.
This was a famous train that at the time run at the rail centre which I think was covered on the BBC TV children's program  Blue Peter in 1971.

No comments:

Post a Comment