Monday, March 27, 2006

Childhood



My childhood wasn't particularly easy having physical disabilities that made it  difficult to walk smoothly without falling over, problems with reading, writing and speaking  and then their was the whole girl caught in a boys body problem which really wracked me off cos it just wasn't me knowing who I was.

Some of my teachers did understand a little of how I felt but most didn't and indeed I had an absolute brute of a male teacher with homophobic attitudes against poofs and sissies tearing them to pieces  in front of the whole class.

My issues around gender identity and presentation didn't help although how saw me was in reality the real me rather less than the cardboard cut outs of those in the playground who said you couldn't be a girl and boys don't do that. That's all to change now.

In addition my family life was disturbed with relationship issues, arguments threats to call the police in to do with my dad and mom. Some say kids don't want their folks to split up but  honestly I have to say I did. I wanted a forever end to it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment