Monday, September 27, 2021

Age ranges and you

It was a dull wet Saturday morning that I started to get to grips with writing this blog as to be honest I've always been a slow starter apart from finding blank pages off putting.

Hovering about from various places a few thoughts mercifully free from much of the groan up drama this weekend came together and really it is about how much of you really fits in one slot or is it that we're a bit of a mixture.

Given I come from more of a age regression/age dysphoria direction one of the things you do tend to see is people saying things such as as "Can I only be one age", some people may have two or more ages which poses questions about how they blend.

In my head I visualize it rather like the relationship between these two illustrations although they've tried to make them individual, as one gets 'older' you do keep parts of the 'younger' as your thoughts become more sophisticated.

You may find the younger side wants to play with the older even so to me rigid ideas about your 'little' or IK age tend not to work.

Another way of looking at this thing is to ask what is it beyond calendar years is age really about, with me for instance I know I'm limited cos of my developmental disabilities so rather than necessarily getting 'older' as in being more mature in some ways it is more getting better through more practice and experience of being at that younger age.

It's a bit like polishing something up, it gets better but is basically the same.

For me hovering around 12, letting out the younger spread of my developmental age makes more sense although that does mean there's more oversight needed from either someone who is letting their older teen out or around as the groan up rather than just letting me sit in corner reading to enable me to do that safely.

That helps me to learn from my younger side those bits that remain badly impacted though practise knowing I won't be allowed to get the point I'm out of my depth and possibly in danger.

No comments:

Post a Comment