Tuesday, December 25, 2018

Christmas Edition 2018

The day is finally here and I'm out of my jim jams and into my pinafore dress and grey socks as we get to open this years presents.
The kitchen has been placed in Custardy as Mom is making custard by hand for tonight's trifle having tracked down some decorations go on top of the whipped cream while the Turkey Crown woke me up as it's smell wafted into my bedroom.
Starting this Christmas edition like last year made 'on the hoof', Elgar has always called with most my recordings being from the very late 1970's to the 1980's.
This newish acclaimed one, came out in 2016 offers two works I did not have and adds them in both stereo and surround sound in Super Audio cd quality (playable also in regular cd).
It will no doubt be treasured.

The Dandy is the always the Dandy, one a few comics I had as child and while sadly it no longer comes out weekly, it does have summer specials and this annual that stay with the original stories and indeed do even have reprints of cartoon strips from past years

One difference this year is I didn't get the Beano annual because there has been a big change in how the more traditional cartoon series have been drawn, in some such as Dennis the Menace written so he doesn't actually menace that messes up the whole backdrop to the character and a move toward so-called political correctness in the newer stories.
Instead I opted for this compilation issued to mark the 65th anniversary of Minnie The Minx  which consists of reprints of classic adventures as is which is a tribute to a heroine of mine.

I did however pick up the 2018 Christmas special edition which as 68 pages and printed more like a softback magazine.
lt fits in where I'd of had the comic editions across Christmas  where its a good example of where the comic is at today.

 Finally a new anime for me to watch in blu ray and regular dvd too.

And another but this one is just in blu ray.
This was a much talked about anthropomorphic animated film from 2016 that I had as a 'stocking filler' on Blu-Ray. I also had some money and vouchers.
We had a turkey roast for dinner and a Christmas pudding that I microwaved with cream afterward before I cleared the table and went off for a walk.
I hope everyone has had an enjoyable Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment