Monday, October 29, 2018

The Ghouling years

Just a matter of few days before I'm off for a ghoulish time so I'm working presently on packing my case, double checking as you do that everything you need is in there plus other things like money.
It's interesting to reflect on how it has been in the last three and a bit decades the way we mark this time of the year has changed because over here in the UK Halloween as such wasn't marked but people did hold All Hallows Day parties with guising and toffee apples.
The more recent custom of Trick and Treat isn't native to the UK but an import from the States a good number hold the children's tv program  Blue Peter responsible for doing a feature on in the early eighties that then spread like topsy.
Into that the participates created outfits to which people rewarded with candy and it wasn't long before as in the States commercial outfits became widely available even if face paint and the like obviously was hand applied.
In this country it cuts into the Guy Fawkes season where we mark the foiled attempt to blow up the Houses of Parliament with effigies, bonfires and fireworks in 1605.
For that ear muffs may help as some fireworks are really loud!

2 comments:

  1. Greetings! I know this is kinda off topic but I was wondering if you knew where I could locate a
    captcha plugin for my comment form? I'm using the same blog platform as yours and I'm having
    problems finding one? Thanks a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi. Do check the following: https://blogtimenow.com/how-to/enable-captcha-blogger-word-verification/

    ReplyDelete