Monday, January 22, 2018

Weird Wintertime

Sometimes the seasons seem well a bit weird to me  having spent part of last week with strong gales that blow rather a lot like next doors fence into the garden  and left the curb side here covered in debris.
Yesterday I even went out wrapped up well walking in the sleet getting very excited!
 Then, that being said having had only on Tuesday some sleety stuff, would you of expected to see the Catkins out? Well when I was out walking late last week as I find it good for my mental health as well as physical fitness I did spot them on our subsiding public meadow that had trees planted on to help stabilize things as everything was starting to fall in a hole.
 Equally in our subsidence hit village would you expect to see Crab Apples growing on the other trees in the middle of Winter although I think the top ones a bit off? Seemingly we do as the birds flutter past this oasis of calm by the main road.
 I was having very much the sinking feeling as I stood trying to steady myself as my shoes were going into the ground but as you can see some even fell off but it didn't look as if they'd been pecked by the local bird population.
No wonder the wildlife feels confused!

No comments:

Post a Comment