Thursday, December 26, 2013

Christmas 2013

For me Christmas started with waking up rather early in anticipation following the previous nights chat and actually being sat with Mommy for a brief period in the front room still in uniform watching a church service!
Having woken up I got dressed and fixed some breakfast before the start of present exchanging that I'll return to shortly and the inevitable nya's from my cat who really, really doesn't like having his routines turned upside down by human festivities.
By around 11:30 my younger brother and partner had arrived shortly followed by my older brother and male he lives with so I get my outstanding card giving sorted having decided after lunch would be better to deal with presents.
We went to the local Gastropub, the one The head girl of Lower 6th and First Former met me within spitting distance of for a meal cos Mom didn't feel like catering for everyone, something I quite agree with as she deserves a break from that having pre-booked both table and meal options. I declined a starter, finished off a Turkey platter with  vegetables  plus cranberry sauce  and a delightful Lemon Bell sweet with cream. Service was excellent with the only real negative being the boring boy toy talk at the table.
Getting back to presents, I presented mine upon our return which for the males of species was kinda easy to arrange as much as prefer carefully selecting something for an individual as they're kind of boring and with my brothers had gotten together to buy Mommy a new tv for her bedroom as her old one was, well old, and needed an external digital tv box to enable it receive anything.
I'm delighted to say a couple of ikky boy things of the wrong size and gender aside, most of my gifts were little and even distinctly LG for once.

Mommy excelled herself  this year with this Hello Kitty  face cloth and hand towel set which will be ideal for Camp.
Also she bought me a new and very girlie  pair of pull on fur lined slippers and some cute socks.  By the way that bell's kinda old and loud!
She also bought me one of three specialty cds  I had -a Gold cd of Crosby Stills and Nash (1977 aka "Boat Album") - the others are by Hall and Oates and the Doobie Bros
Inside the pile of parcels were the 2014 Beano, Dandy and Jacqueline Wilson annuals  plus a special 75th anniversary Christmas Beano special with reprints from the past in it including some stories I recall first time around!
Hurrah for Minnie The Minx and the Bash Street Kids!

Did you know there is a place in the Wolverhampton area where you can get a Desperate Dan Pie that is massive?

My copy has a poster included. Also included was Diamond, a new hardback novel by Jacqueline Wilson continuing the Hetty Feather story. I like her books loads.
There were copious quantities of chocolates too.
I had a new torch that doesn't use old type bulbs (It has nine L.E.D. things) from my Younger brother that is a good deal brighter from my old one useful for Camp and other occasions.
A pair of the wrong socks can easily be turned around into a pair of socks suitable for a school girl soon enough - done this morning actually - so while I'd rather that kinda stuff didn't happen, there's no point obsessing over it as you can deal with and anyway not everyone is fortunate to receive presents at all. Talking of which I also did get some more 'regulation' lingerie.
I went to have my nap just before evening meal as I was starting to feel flatlined - an unfortunate side effect of being pawley and then had a Beef salad and a home made Trifle.
Here endeth  my Christmas report, typed fully uniformed and advise the next scheduled edition will be within the last day or two of December.



No comments:

Post a Comment