Saturday, September 14, 2013

Round and round

Do you know officially this blog has now had over 36,060 page views since its conception and a average of over 1,500 views per month? Well that's what the statistics that Google provide to anyone using their platform inform me and that is pretty good given there's no 'cheap thrills' on this site.
As anyone who ventures out is aware it's very much the back to school season with stationery stores stocking such essentials as Compass sets, pencil cases, note books, as well as obviously pens and pencils.
I've gotten a new Green pleated school skirt and a matching netball skirt with the pleats at the side and rear as well as some rather cute Hello Kitty socks.
Pretty traditional rather like me and it is very similar to a blue one I have had for a few years now the story of which is told on one my 'Pre-blog' entries here which are just unabridged notes I made some being almost ten years ago with no added commentary that just talk of things that lead me into the community of littles. They are just the things that I'd of talked with you about before we all met each other and it's a shame we weren't in a position too.

Moving on a little topic wise, the subject of ones age as a little came up at Tumblr where it appeared the notion people having just single fixed age as a little appears to be doing the rounds.
Let me say from the outset, there is nothing at all wrong with having just a single little age say 10 years if this is the age you feel when you are in a little (or Middle) Headspace but this is by no means the only situation. For a good number of us, we do vary a little having a 'Upper age limit' which is as old as we can feel and a lower point we may regress further back to in certain situations, getting a little 'silly' at times. This is when you think about it, is little different to that of actual children who can go back a few years especially at periods of great stress. 
I would like anyone who does find their 'age' is fluid to understand this is quite normal and certainly doesn't make you less of a little.
Although I hover around the 10 to 12 bit most of the time I go go back to around 8 or 9 or even younger sometimes and my littlest little would really like to be dressed rather like this:
See I can admit to it, having an even younger side to the girl within  and does she surprise any of you?

2 comments:

  1. Hello Kitty - why am I not surprised? :D

    I'd imagine in the minds of many 'littles' is a cloud of ages / frequencies of feeling that age. There'd be a cluster around the preferred 'little' age, a cluster around the chronological age, and a handful of points in between. It's even likely they may occupy several points simultaneously, feeling varying degrees of 'adultness' and 'littleness' at the same time (and significantly more complicated than merely dressed little / acting adult and vice versa).

    It's similar to what I've previously expressed in BCTS blogs on the issue of gender/sexual identity: it's not just a straight line, it's a multi-dimensional, multi-factorial spectrum with data points at numerous points within, both a wider cloud of the range you feel and a smaller cloud that wanders around depending on how you're feeling at any particular moment in time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. not at all my dear sweet friend. I knew you had a younger side as the amount of hk stuff you like.

    ReplyDelete